1. PARADE FORMATION – on the streets surrounding the L.I.S.D. schools, corner of Hackberry and Bowie Streets. Numbered stakes will be in view.
2. LINE-UP TIME – 7:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
3. CHECK-IN – This is not required, but if you need information or assistance please report to the intersection of Hackberry & Bowie Streets.
4. DRESSING/RESTROOMS – The high school gym at the intersection of Bowie and Hackberry Streets will be open for dressing and restroom facilities.
5. JUDGING – Begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. sharp! All entries must be in place, set-up, and ready to go with riders in position by 9:00 a.m. Participants MUST remain in place until all judging is complete to qualify for an award.
6. PARADE TIME – Begins promptly at 10:00 a.m. sharp – RAIN OR SHINE!
7. PARADE WINNERS – Will be presented with their awards(s) before the parade begins.
8. SAFETY – As a safety precaution for our young spectators, we ask that no candy, gum, flowers, or samples of anything be thrown from your entry during the parade. This rule will be strictly enforced and any items thrown from your entry will be removed.
9. ENTRY SAFETY – Please try to maintain a safe distance between your entry and the preceding entry along the entire parade route. We suggest a 2-3 car length distance. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO STOP AND PERFORM ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE!
10. NO ENTRY may proceed through the parade route more than once without permission from the parade committee.
11. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES consumed by drivers before, or during, the parade is expressly forbidden. If a driver is seen consuming alcohol while driving the parade route, it will result in removal from the parade formation.
12. EACH YOUTH GROUP shall be represented by an adult supervisor who will be responsible for his/her group following all parade rules.
13. AUTOS AND VEHICLES must be driven by a licensed driver.
14. CAR CLUBS will be limited to 5 (five) vehicles. Total Car Club participation is limited to 3 (three) clubs and participation will be on a first applied first approved basis. Multiple chapters of the same car club will not be allowed. No weaving of vehicles is allowed on the parade route.
15. NO EXTENDED BLARING of loud air horns and sirens; intermittent please. Train horns are not allowed.
16. THERE WILL BE NO undecorated private or commercial large trucks, tractors, ect. This does not pertain to antique type vehicles.
17. WATER GUNS OR WATER BALLOONS may not spray or be thrown into the crowd,
18. THE LULING WATERMELON THUMP & parade committee assumes NO responsibility for accidents or loss of any kind.
We hope that your participation in the Watermelon Thump Parade is a truly pleasant and memorable experience for you and your organization. Best of luck to you!
The Parade Committee
Luling Watermelon Thump Association
PO Box 188 – Luling, Texas 78648
Ph. 830-875-3214 x.2 – Fax: 830-875-2082